Friday, March 23, 2012

Distressed Newspaper Bear

Today I have a card where I played with a bunch of distress inks:


I started with a piece of newspaper.  To this piece I added wild honey and crushed olive to the paper by blotting the ink directly from the pad onto the paper.  Then with a sponge dauber I added tea dye ink.  Then I crumpled the paper up and added vintage photo ink to the raised places.  Where I thought it needed more I crumpled that section again and added more ink until I got an image I like.

Then I stamped the mountain, trees, and bear.  Instead of coloring, I decided to sponge on my main image with the same ink combinations to tie all the colors together.

Supply list:
Stamps - mountain wilderness - GinaK designs
Ranger distressed inks - wild honey, crushed olive, tea dye, vintage photo
Card stock- black, yellow, cream
Newspaper
Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by:
     Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment