Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cracked Glass Barn

Happy 1st day of Spring everyone.  We are having a beautiful day here in the UP of Michigan.  This just makes me want to get outside and work in my flower beds.

Today I have a very interesting project for you. 


This technique is called cracked glass.  You can see a video for this technique over at StampTV - Cracked glass video.  (I love all the videos on that site and have learned a lot of new techniques from there).  Basically to do this technique you stamp, cut out and color your image as normal.  Then cover the entire piece with versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  Heat the powder and while it is still warm add more embossing powder.  Do this so you have 3 to 5 layers of powder on your image.  Then you place it into the freezer for a couple of minutes.  The image will curl and then you bend it flat, which causes all the cracked glass lines.  I then added some distressed ink over the cracks so they were highlighted more.  Interesting look and technique.

Supply list:
Stamps - Farm life
Copics - E09, W-5, E37, YG67
Wood paper was a scrap I had in my file
Card stock - SU - forest green

Thanks for stopping by:
      Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment